http://www.makepovertyhistory.org Who I am is Who I want to Be: Yeh Dosti...

Sunday, May 22, 2005

Yeh Dosti...

Okay, so this would be my first “personal” post…talking about me, myself, & I

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

Well yesterday, I just realized that I either don’t know the definition of “Best Friends” or my friend doesn’t. I don’t have (or know) that many people that I can call friends, but like people say, ‘It’s better to have a best friend rather than bunch of friends’.
So I have a Best Friend, Payal (Pinky).
We have been friends for almost 7 years. We basically started out being just friends, since I actually had a different friends – who turned out to be the Biggest bitch…(moved on). I think the problem that I couldn’t call Pinky my best friend was because we were just the complete opposite of each other.
She was loud, I was quiet.
She is an extrovert and I am an introvert
She is into fashion and I am not a fashionable person
Anyways…the list goes on….
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
But somehow we found each other’s confidant. I would tell her stuff that I couldn’t tell anyone. I would be most comfortable with her. She had her own problems, so I became a ‘shrink’ for her. She calls my mom – mom – my Mom considers her as her own daughter. She is like family now. She soon got married to love of her life. She is now pregnant (she is only 24). I believe she has experienced so much, while I haven’t had the same share.
She has too many problems with her saas and sasur…. That’s the reason my rule is that my in-laws will have a different Zip Code (actually a different Country) [lol]
Anyways, the reason I am questioning the word “best friend” is because I don’t get her. I believe that if you are in trouble or are feeling sad, she should call or come to her best friend. But Pinky, she would rather call one of her hubby’s cousins and go to their house rather than come to me. So I m just trying to understand, if I even mean anything to her.
She tells me that I am the only one who understands her and I am her best friend.(actually sister)
I guess I am feeling a bit of sadness, since I don’t have any family close by & I consider her my family. While, she has her husband’s cousins and everyone…so she gets busy and involved in them, instead of being with me. Is it right to question my friendship or not?
I mean, I m not gonna break my friendship with her…but I just don’t understand, what am I her friend for,
am I her friend for shopping (even that she likes doing it alone or with someone else),
am I her friend to go watch a movie (which she doesn’t like to so much plus she likes going with her husband) or am I just the friend who is there only when she has time for me.

This is basically me rambling… since I cried yesterday just about this (I am a cry baby – sue me)

Moving on…….

In Memory of Desperate Housewife’s Season Finale (you will be dearly missed...can’t wait till Fall)
DHlynette
Congratulations! You are Lynette Scavo, the
ex-career woman who traded the boardroom for
boredom, mixed with moments of sheer panic as
the mother of four unmanageable kids.

Which Desperate Housewife are you?




Currently Listening to Image hosted by Photobucket.com
I don’t want to be Lonely No more by Rob Thomas

Image hosted by Photobucket.comRandom Link
http://www.sepiamutiny.com/sepia/

((I am very curious as to what this movie is about, a movie that is creating such controversies everywhere. And now bombings in “my” Delhi… oh hell no… what the hec is wrong with people))

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

hey bhumi, am sooo glad u stumbled by. come by more often! ;-)

o, and hey, i may be 'out' on orkut, but I use closetalk for talkingclosets.

thanx for understanding. ;-)

2:58 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

« Aquarius » The WeatherPixie
Cursors by Xquizit_442